The UF/IFAS Extension, Highlands County Agricultural Tours are brought to you as a partnership between UF/IFAS Extension Highlands County and local growers/ ranchers. This day long bus tour with lunch, will depart from the Bert J. Harris Agricultural Center and provide a/c comfort all day with bathroom amenities on board. Sign up today to join us for whole new view of Highlands County agriculture. Price for tour is $95.00 per person.
Tour Stops (see note below regarding potential changes)
- Rafter T Ranch
- Pearce Lockett
- Butler Oaks Park
- Parker Island Gator Farm
Livestock Highlights (see note below regarding potential changes)
- Beef Production
- History of the Florida Cattle Industry
- Water Conservation
- Alligator Farming
- Tour stops subject to change due to weather and other agriculture related issues.
- There are several stops during the day where you will depart the bus and there is a bit of walking involved.
- There are not bathroom facilities available at every stop, but the bus has a fully functioning restroom.
- Bottled water will be provided, but each participant is responsible for any sun/ weather protection and special dietary needs.
What are my transportation/ parking options for getting to and from the event?
There is free parking available at the Bert J. Harris Agricultural Center.
What can I bring into the event?
Please bring the following:
Sun hat, sunscreen, other sun protection, and closed toed shoes
Any special dietary needs or medications
How can I contact the organizer with questions?
Contact the UF/IFAS Extension Office at 863-402-6540.
What’s the refund policy?
Refunds must be requested in writing, 7-days prior to the event.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You do not have to bring your ticket with you to the event , but you must sign-in and sign the event waiver prior to boarding the bus.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
Your ticket is transferrable up to 48 hours prior to the event by contacting the organizer.
Event Pre-registration and payment is required. Click here to register.