- Put the pedal to the metal at Sebring International Raceway where cars travel as fast as 180 MPH.
- You will get excited when you reel in a lunker trophy bass from Lake Istokpoga, ranked #6 in the Southeast. One of our fishing captains will put you on that monster bass.
- Glide along the water on an exhilarating airboat ride along Arbuckle Creek or in Lake Istokpoga. See wild alligators, birds, and other animals–if Mother Nature is willing!
- Let the adventure continue as you tell your tall tales over country fixins such as gator tail, frog legs, or a big steak at Cowpoke’s Watering Hole or the Wild Turkey Tavern.
- Thrill seekers will find their adrenaline rush with an alligator, wild boar or white tailed deer hunt at the Lodge at The Lightsey Family Ranch(LFR).
- Enjoy a nature-filled sunrise as you jog, skate or cycle through Highlands Hammock State Park.
- Let one of Sebring’s fishing captains take you where the trophy bass, speckled perch, bluegill, shell cracker, and warmouth are.
- Enjoy al fresco dining at Faded Bistro & Beer Garden nestled amongst fresh flowers and herbs while proving a variety of meal options including vegetarian and glucose-free.
- Head to the observation tower then take a walk on the boardwalk at Lake Arbuckle located in the Avon Park Air Force Range.
- Paddle along picturesque Arbuckle Creek from Lake Arbuckle to Lake Istokpoga. The diverse habitat includes cypress swamp, grass prairie, ranchlands, and oak hammock.
- Walkthrough the internationally known “Town of Murals” with over 47 beautiful larger than life murals. Some of these murals have sound, while most of them have hidden items. Also, you will find 17 unique one-of-a-kind trash containers, all companion pieces to the murals, 45 bird plaques, over 27 clown cut-outs, a life-size bronze Florida black bear and so much more. There are so many entertaining and informative adventures that await you.
- Visit Archbold Biological Station, an active scientific resource for field study of the natural environment. Stop by for a self-guided nature tour or call ahead to schedule a tour.
- Be sure to discover Shelby Crossing, which features Bath & Body Works, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Marshall’s, Ross, Ashley Home Stores, Famous Footwear, Michael’s, and Ulta. In addition to eateries such as Panera Bread and Starbucks.
- Enjoy the small-town charm of the Downtown Sebring historic district with specialty shops such as Sebring Soda & Ice Cream Works, Grateful Hearts, and Organically Local and artist galleries such as Alice Stroppel Studio 215.
- Pick up a must-have citrus-themed souvenir and enjoy some fresh orange ice cream at Maxwell Groves.
- Inside the historic Jacaranda Hotel, you will find the TAG Studio, Tassel & Thread and down the street at the Peter Powell Roberts Museum of Arts, you will find a community of artists displaying and selling their art.
- Find all of your country gift needs at Secret Gardens Winery & Farm or Henscratch Farms Vineyard & Winery’s country store with homemade jams, jellies, sauces, and syrups to match harvest seasons or attend a distillery tour and tasting at Sugar Sand Distillery, Florida’s only estate-grown sugarcane farm distillery. Nestled in the middle of a 10 acre Sugar Cane Farm, Sugar Sand Distillery is a true Farm-To-Bottle operation.
- Explore the boutiques in downtown Lake Placid, one of the area’s most charming districts. Walk along Interlake Blvd. and Main Avenue and enjoy the nearly 50 outdoor murals. Don’t miss The Blueberry Patch for shopping, Morty & Edna’s Craft Kitchen next door for great food, baked goods, and Wet Dogs Brewing for locally brewed ales, kombucha, and coffee.
- Visit Happiness Farms during the season to get your caladium bulbs while in the “Caladium Capital of the World”
- Pack a picnic lunch and enjoy the sunshine at Highlands Hammock State Park, then don’t miss a chance to explore miles of trails on foot, bike or skates.
- Perfect for kids ages one to 12, the Children’s Museum of the Highlands offers hands-on learning and fun in one.
- Cool off with a sweet treat at Sebring’s Soda & Ice Cream Works, with over 200 flavors of craft sodas and 38 flavors of premium ice cream. Time your visit right and you can also catch the Sebring Soda Fest!
- For kids with a competitive spirit, sign up for the Heartland Triathlon’s youth division the annual Spartan Race. The Max Long Recreational Complex is also home to organized and team sports.
- Looking for a kids’ camp? Sun ‘n Lake Golf Club, Grateful Hearts DIY Art Studio and the Highlands Lakeside Theater all offer options for kids of all ages.
- If your kids love the great outdoors, plan to explore Donaldson Park or sign them up for Camp Wakataka.
- A family-owned Avon Park staple, Maxwell Groves serves up all things citrus, including fresh-squeezed OJ and the dairy-free orange soft-serve ice cream they are known for.
- Celebrate Lake Placid’s Caladium Festival, with craft vendors, food, music and more.
- Known as the Town of Murals, check out over 47 art installations throughout Lake Placid. Find them all!
- Grab authentic southern BBQ at Smoke Shack BBQ or a healthy option at Good Vibes Juice & Smoothie.