The AJGA Preview Series is designed specifically for AJGA members who have not yet played/been accepted to an AJGA tournament. This series, conducted during the spring, offers these new and returning members the opportunity to start building Performance Based Entry status before application deadlines arrive for summer Open and AJGA Junior All-Star Series events.
Members who have no prior acceptances into AJGA tournaments during the current or previous AJGA season are encouraged to apply to AJGA Preview Series tournaments. Preference will be given based on high school graduation year (Senior, Junior, Sophomore, Freshman, etc.).
Members who have already been accepted into one AJGA tournament are able to submit applications for events in this series, but they will be held on an alternate list and only able to obtain a tournament spot a week after the initial field is posted IF spots remain at that time. These applicants will be prioritized on the alternate list by the same steps as below.
The initial tournament field and an alternate list will be filled as follows:
Members who have zero AJGA tournament acceptances during the current and previous AJGA season, as of the tournament application deadline, will be eligible for the initial field. If there are more eligible applicants than tournament spots, ties will be broken as follows.
- Graduation Year – (Senior, Junior, Sophomore, etc.…)
- Random Draw
- AJGA members who are eligible for the AJGA Preview Series may compete in a maximum of one AJGA Preview Series tournament.
- If a member gains entry to an AJGA Preview Series tournament, all other tournament applications in this series will be removed, including any alternate positions.
- AJGA members who are currently Fully Exempt are NOT eligible to apply to tournaments in the AJGA Preview Series.
- Any member who applies to an AJGA Preview Series tournament and subsequently becomes Fully Exempt prior to the tournament application deadline will have his application removed.
- Fields are NOT filled on a first-come, first-served basis.