During this unprecedented event, it is our mission to keep our residents and visitors informed and focus on the health and safety of all those who live or travel to the Sebring, Avon Park and Lake Placid area.
During this uncertain time, we know one thing – we appreciate all of you; many of whom are our repeat visitors, our family, who have been coming to our destination for years.
While we understand that this may impact travel plans, we want to keep you updated with the steps we are taking to keep your health and safety a priority and remind everyone to travel responsibly. For the most up to date COVID-19 information, please refer to the Florida Department of Health – Highlands County website here.
Many of our restaurants and businesses are currently open for business in a modified way while adhering to local, state and federal guidelines. They have increased disinfecting and social distancing measures to help ensure the safety of our visitors and employees. We encourage you to enjoy our abundance of natural resources, support our local businesses and enjoy the calm disconnectedness that the beautiful outdoors can provide.
Social Distancing Options in Sebring!
- Reel in a lunker. Grab your fishing pole for a chance to catch a trophy bass on one of our 100+ freshwater lakes. Find out more on our Fishing page
- Practice your social distancing and your golf swing. With nearly a dozen golf courses in the area, chasing the white ball in the Sebring area is not only accessible but also very affordable. Check out our Citrus Golf Trail.
- Let your fingers do the ordering. Help support our local restaurants that are open and providing take out options, as well as delivery. Details here.
- Participate in the ultimate scavenger hunt: geocaching. Geocaching is a free, outdoor treasure hunt. Explore the Sebring area and discover the hidden gems as you locate each cache.
- Consider purchasing a gift card for a future trip to support our local businesses now when they need it the most.
- Stay stocked with local spirits from some of our agritourism partners , such as Sugar Sand Distillery, Henscratch Farms and Secret Gardens Winery & Farm.
- Immerse yourself in nature. The Sebring area occupies the southern end of the Lake Wales Ridge, a 100-mile-long range of sand hills, scrub and freshwater lakes. Once a group of prehistoric islands, the area is home to dozens of rare species of plants and animals. You’ll also find playgrounds, cycling paths and plenty of room for picnics within our parks.
- We have a multitude of events that are scheduled for this summer or have been re-scheduled for the fall. Check out our updated upcoming events & happenings here so you can make plans accordingly.
- Keep in touch with us by using our hashtag, #VisitSebring for your social media posts and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.