Join the Highlands Hammock State Park team and Friends of HHSP organization as they celebrate Florida History and Culture at the 37th Annual CCC Fest!
- Featured guest speaker, Florida author and historian Dr. Gary Mormino, who will reveal the connections of Florida foods to Sunshine State history, culture and traditions in his program ‘Ten Foods That Define Florida: From Smoked Mullet to Key Lime Pie!’
- Florida Artist Blacksmith Association artisans will be at the forge throughout the day and create a steel table sculpture of a water lily for a silent auction.
- Ft. Pierce Highwaymen artists will be exhibiting and selling paintings.
- Visitors may take a step back in time at a Cow Camp Reenactment. CCC Museum curator David Schmidt will present a sweeping overview of CCC parks in all 48 states.
- Archaeologist John Goss will examine the ‘History of Indigenous Peoples of Central Florida’ and exhibit Native American artifacts.
- The Sebring High School Jazz Band will keep things jumping with big band music from the 1930s and 1940s.
- Children may go on guided nature walks and take a ‘pony ride’ on Fallon, a Friesian Percheron draft horse.
- VIP Custom Carriage Ride / Karen Tyrrell and her Clydesdale mare Lorna Doone.
- Antique Car Show highlights exhibitors firing up old engines and a vintage tractor.
- Guided, narrated 90-minute tram tours.
- Arts and crafts vendors, demonstrations and displays by agencies and organizations concerned with local history or nature and the environment are ongoing. Learn more about quilting, spinning, pine needle basketry and more!
- Food and refreshments are available for purchase, provided by the Hammock Inn Camp Store and onsite food vendors.
The festival is free and open to the public with the exception of tram tours, and horse/carriage rides. Park entry fees apply: $6 per vehicle (up to 8 people), $4 per single occupant vehicle, and $2 for bicyclists and pedestrians.
The CCC Festival, showcasing the park and celebrating history, art, nature and music, is truly unique in sharing traditions and skills across generations! You won’t want to miss it!
For more details, check out the Event Page on Facebook.