- Put the pedal to the metal at Sebring International Raceway where cars travel as fast as 180 MPH.
- Thrill seekers will find their adrenaline rush with an alligator, wild boar or white tailed deer hunt with Outwest Farms.
- Sebring Kart Racing brings your race experience on a smaller scale but with the same amount of fun on a fast E-track that mimics the Sebring International Raceway.
- You will get excited when you reel in a lunker trophy bass from Lake Istokpoga, ranked #6 in the Southeast. One of our fishing captains will put you on that monster bass.
- Glide along the water on an exhilarating airboat ride along Arbuckle Creek or in Lake Istokpoga. See wild alligators, birds, and other animals–if Mother Nature is willing!
- Let the adventure continue as you tell your tall tales over country fixins such as gator tail, frog legs or a big steak at Cowpoke’s Watering Hole or the Wild Turkey Tavern.
- Enjoy a nature-filled sunrise as you jog, skate or cycle through Highlands Hammock State Park.
- Let one of Sebring’s fishing captains take you where the trophy bass, speckled perch, bluegill, shell cracker and warmouth are.
- Enjoy al fresco dining at McLane’s Garden Café nestled amongst fresh flower and herbs while proving a variety of meal options including vegetarian and glucose free.
- Explore science, art, and the natural world as they come together in the Wildflower Wayside Shrine Trail, a self-guided walking trail that explores pristine scrubland on the South Florida State College (SFSC) Highlands Campus
- Head to the observation tower then take a walk on the boardwalk at Lake Arbuckle located in the Avon Park Air Force Range.
- Paddle along picturesque Arbuckle Creek from Lake Arbuckle to Lake Istokpoga. The diverse habitat includes cypress swamp, grass prairie, ranchlands, and oak hammock. Guide service provided by GS Outdoors.
- Ride a hot air balloon over our 100+ freshwater lakes and waterways and discover authentic Florida from the air. Balloon rides provided by Baker Balloons.
- Visit Archbold Biological Station, an active scientific resource for field study of the natural environment. Stop by for a self-guided nature tour or call ahead to schedule a tour.
- Be sure to discover Shelby Crossing, which features Bed, Bath & Beyond, Marshall’s, Ross, Books-A-Million, Ashley Home Stores, Famous Footwear and Michael’s. In addition to eateries such as Panera Bread and Starbucks.
- Enjoy the small-town charm of the Downtown Sebring historic district with specialty shops such as Bloom & BRICK and Steve & Co. and artist galleries such as Alice Stroppel Studio 215 and Brenner Pottery.
- Pick up a must-have citrus-themed souvenir and enjoy some fresh orange ice cream at Maxwell Groves.
- Inside the historic Jacaranda Hotel you will find the TAG Studio, and down the street at the Peter Powell Roberts Museum of Arts, you will find a community of artists displaying and selling their art.
- Find all of your country gift needs at Henscratch Farms Vineyard & Winery’s country store with homemade jams, jellies, sauces and syrups to match harvest seasons.
- Explore the boutiques in downtown Lake Placid, one of the area’s most charming districts. Walk along Interlake Blvd. and Main Avenue and enjoy the nearly 50 outdoor murals. Don’t miss The Blueberry Patch for shopping and the Good News Café next door for great food, smoothies and more.