Boney Marsh River Run Bluff, Bluff Hammock & Hickory Hammock Recreational Areas
ACTIVITY BY SITES
- Boney Marsh airboating, boating, camping (tent), canoeing, fishing, hiking hunting, kayaking.
- Bluff Hammock airboating, boating, canoeing, equestrian trails, fishing, hiking, kayaking, hunting, picnicking.
- Hickory Hammock airboating, bicycling, boating, camping (tent), canoeing, equestrian trails, fishing, hunting, kayaking, shelters.
Enter by hiking, bicycling or horse. Four access points on the east side of Highway 98, which runs between Sebring and Okeechobee:
- Bluff Hammock hiking trailhead is at the end of Bluff Hammock Road. Bluff Hammock Road is 14 miles south of Sebring and 35 miles north of Okeechobee.
- Equestrian access is at the end of McArthur Road, three miles north of the main Hickory Hammock trailhead.
- Main trailhead at Hickory Hammock is eight miles southeast of Lorida, and about one-half mile northwest of the Istokpoga Canal (18 miles south of Sebring and 33 miles north of Okeechobee on Highway 98).
- Access for hiking trail also at the south “walk-over” in the Hickory Hammock perimeter fence. It’s immediately north of the Istokpoga Canal on Highway 98. 4900 US Highway 98 Lorida, FL 33876
- Pets must be leashed.